Thursday, January 20, 2011
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Present: John Butler, Tricia Cruse, Bernie Hurley, Bruce Miller, Sarah Pritchard, Paul Soderdahl, Ed Van Gemert (recorder), John Wilkin, Bob Wolven.
1. SAB Minutes. Minutes from Dec. 16 SAB meeting were approved.
2. Update and discussion of HathiTrust developments and operations, John Wilkin.
- Staff at Michigan rebuilt the entire full-text index of HT materials.
- HT staff completed the storage replacement work at Michigan and are beginning the replacement process at Indiana Univ.
- Approximately 60,000 digital images and metadata were added to HT from the University of Minnesota and the Minnesota Historical Society.
3. Progress report: HathiTrust review: Ed Van Gemert and John Butler.
- Interviewing consultants for the HathiTrust review work
- Reviewing proposals and finalizing details for hiring a consultant to conduct the review.
4. Updates and discussion from SAB working groups and committees.
Discovery interface working group--John Butler
- Reported the availability of a prototype HathiTrust catalog, built on OCLC’s WorldCat Local platform. DIWG will gather user feedback on the use of the catalog
Collections committee--Bob Wolven
- Discussing and analyzing the role of duplicates in the repository
- Considering opportunities or shared print collection management
- Working in conjunction with DLF and OCLC to help determine the future of the DLF/OCLC Registry of Digital Masters.
Quality control--error rate working group--Paul Soderdahl
- No report
Communications working group--Sarah Pritchard
- Developing a prioritized communications and marketing plan for 2011.
5. New business and announcements