HathiTrust employs a number of committees and working groups, some of which are standing and have long-term appointments, while others may be devoted to finite tasks with a specific timeline. In general, working groups are established either by the Executive Director, or the Program Steering Committee . View past working groups and committees .
Executive Director/Executive Committee
- User Support Working Group (March 2011): Responds to inquiries of all kinds received through HathiTrust's public email address and user interfaces. View charge and membership .
- Zephir Advisory Group: The Zephir Advisory Group is charged with recommending policies and procedures relevant to metadata management and recommending the implementation of new features and service enhancements. View charge and membership .
Program Steering Committee
- Collections Committee  (July 2016): A standing committee responsible for collection development activities and policies, and charged with making key recommendations about the content included in HathiTrust.
- Federal Documents Advisory Committee  (August 2016): makes recommendations regarding implementation of the U.S. Federal Documents Program . (Also see the earlier Government Documents Initiative Planning and Advisory Group )
- Shared Print Advisory Committee  (July 2016): Recommends policies and procedures to establish and sustain the HathiTrust Shared Print Program. (Also see the earlier HathiTrust Print Monographs Archive Planning Task Force )
- Metadata Policy, Strategy, Use and Sharing Advisory Group  : MUSAG is charged with reviewing managed metadata, formatting relevant policy and strategic directions to benefit the members.
- Quality Assurance and Standards Working Group  (August 2016). Recommends strategies, processes, and techniques detailing how members, end users, and/or HathiTrust Operations can assure the quality of the HathiTrust corpus.
- Rights and Access Working Group : Promotes HathiTrust's ability to provide the widest possible access to its collections within the law by establishing priorities for rights determinations and strategies for engagement with rights holders.