Present: Courant, Farley, Johnson, Kaufman, King, Schottlaender, Van Gemert (ex officio), Wheeler, Wilkin
1. Minutes: The April 2011 minutes were reviewed and approved.
2. Finances: Wilkin reported on the HathiTrust budget. Additional storage has been acquired for projected 2011 growth. We continue to project a positive cash balance for both operations and programmatic activities, and an adequate sum for next year’s replacement costs.
3. Organizational issues
- Strategic Advisory Board: Van Gemert reported that the SAB agreed to disband the Discovery Interface Working Group. The SAB is replacing this group with a "Services" committee, and several SAB members are now drafting a charge for the group. The Ithaka S+R/HathiTrust agreement for services is now officially approved, and the first payment will be made soon.
- HathiTrust Research Center: Laine Farley, the Executive Committee liaison to the HTRC, reported that an in-person meeting of the HTRC PIs and Farley will take place in California in late June. Work continues on getting signatures for the MOU between HathiTrust and the HTRC PIs.
- Constitutional Convention: A communication to Constitutional Convention attendees was approved and will be sent to those representatives in mid-June. We continue to give consideration to the balloting process.
- New member institutions: HathiTrust continues to have interest in membership from new institutions and may add as many as ten new institutions this year.
- There continue to be no outages for HathiTrust infrastructure.
- Ingest continues to be strong, with approximately 1 million volumes so far this year. Content from Virginia and Harvard has been ingested. We should reach and surpass 10 million total volumes this year.
5. Miscellaneous: HathiTrust has funded preliminary work to identify “orphan works.” These orphan works will be part of the US 1923-1963 materials previous identified by the CRMS process as in-copyright. Michigan’s Copyright Office has begun the review process and will soon post a list of potential orphans.