HathiTrust is a partnership of academic and research institutions offering a collection of 18+ million titles digitized from libraries around the world. We are administratively based at the University of Michigan Library in Ann Arbor and our staff are employees of the University. We are looking for an experienced Business Process Consultant Lead, a new position at HathiTrust. You will be a member of the HathiTrust leadership team, which includes the Executive Director, Associate Director, and Team Leads. Essential to achieving the goals of our 5-year Building Resilience for Access and Preservation grant, you will support enterprise-level business operations, working collaboratively to improve our organization’s data-informed decision-making, service development, and project execution. You will report to the Associate Director, who has ultimate responsibility for managing the portfolio of projects and services. You will hire and manage a Business Intelligence Analyst and a Senior Project Manager (also new positions at HathiTrust).
On-site, hybrid, and remote options are available for this position.
What You’ll Do
- Provide overall leadership for your team and guide the development of program strategy for business assessment and workflow design, portfolio and project management, and service road-mapping and design. Work with HathiTrust colleagues to integrate these practices into our ongoing work and organizational culture.
- Examine HathiTrust business processes and practices including prioritization, resource allocation, and service and program development to determine how they can be improved and work collaboratively to do so.
- Establish routine processes to manage service and product life cycles.
- Gather and translate complex information (e.g., analytics, process maps, requirements, specifications, user needs) for non-specialists to use in decision-making.
- May serve as a member of cross-functional project teams, providing process analysis expertise to support execution of projects.
- Understand diverse perspectives and promote the use of best practices to foster an inclusive climate that encourages and affirms all individuals
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years experience with some or all of the following: project management and business process analysis, stakeholder analysis, requirements engineering, and processes modeling.
- Experience managing teams, whether as direct or indirect reports, and in influencing others for positive organizational change.
- An understanding of the value of diversity and the importance of inclusion expressed through a commitment to apply and incorporate the differences, complexities, and opportunities that diversity brings to an organization.
Note: Although relevant certifications are desirable, HathiTrust will support ongoing training and certification.
The target salary range for this position is $125,000 to $135,000, depending on your qualifications and experience.
Not sure you meet all the qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of under-represented groups tend not to apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification. We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and encourage our employees to incorporate their diverse backgrounds, skills, and life experiences into their work. More information on the University of Michigan Library’s Diversity Plan can be found here.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.