The HathiTrust Research Center (HTRC) enables computational access for nonprofit and educational users to published works in the public domain and, in the future, on limited terms to works in-copyright from the HathiTrust.
The HTRC is a collaborative research center launched jointly by Indiana University and the University of Illinois, along with the HathiTrust Digital Library, to help meet the technical challenges of dealing with massive amounts of digital text that researchers face by developing cutting-edge software tools and cyberinfrastructure to enable advanced computational access to the growing digital record of human knowledge.
Leveraging data storage and computational infrastructure at Indiana University and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the HTRC will provision a secure computational and data environment for scholars to perform research using the HathiTrust Digital Library. The center will break new ground in the areas of text mining and non-consumptive research, allowing scholars to fully utilize content of the HathiTrust Library while preventing intellectual property misuse within the confines of current U.S. copyright law.
- htrc-announce-l @ list.indiana.edu General announcements about HTRC workshops, updates, new tools, and larger community issues.
- htrc-usergroup-l @ list.indiana.edu Submit recommendations, development issues, technical discussion about HTRC.
- htrc-uncamp-l @ list.indiana.edu Logistics and Announcements specific to HTRC UnCamp.
Learn More About
- Architecture and Organization
- Access and Use
- Timeline and Deliverables
- Partnering in Research
- Collections and Tools
- Getting Started FAQ
- Data API Users Guide
- Requesting Access Token to Access Data API
- Solr Proxy API User Guide
News and Updates
Papers and Presentations
Unlocking the Secrets of 3 Billion Pages: Introducing the HathiTrust Research Center