Through coordinated and collective action, expand and enhance digital access to U.S. federal publications including those issued by GPO and other federal agencies.
- Comprehensive digital collection: Build a comprehensive HathiTrust digital collection of federal documents distributed in print format by the Government Publishing Office as part of the Federal Depository Library Program.
- Enduring access: Ensure that the benefits of HathiTrust work in areas such as improved quality, shared print collection management, collection development, enhanced resource discovery, and broader access to scholarly materials are realized in the HathiTrust federal documents collection and services.
- Community: In collaboration with stakeholders within HathiTrust and in the greater community, solve shared problems related to identifying, cataloging, digitizing, organizing, preserving, hosting, and providing access to U.S. federal documents.
HathiTrust Federal Documents Advisory Committee
Staff and Contributors:
- Heather Christenson, Program Officer for Federal Documents and Collections
- Valerie Glenn, Project Lead, U.S. Federal Documents Registry
- Josh Steverman, Applications Developer
- Martin Warin, Database Developer
The HathiTrust U.S. Government Documents Registry is intended to include metadata for the comprehensive corpus of U.S. federal documents.
Presentations and Resources:
Contact: Heather Christenson