HathiTrust employs a number of committees and working groups, some of which are standing and have long-term appointments, while others may be devoted to finite tasks with a specific timeline. In general, working groups are established either by the Executive Director, or the Program Steering Committee. View past working groups and committees.
Executive Director/Executive Committee
- User Experience Advisory Group (July 2010): Works with other HathiTrust operational initiatives to guide usability and design efforts in a way that is intended to ensure consistency (where appropriate) and awareness of previous or parallel work. View charge and membership.
- Communications Working Group (May 2010): A standing working group assigned with responsibility for shaping the HathiTrust message. Responsibilities range from the specific (e.g., press releases) to the broad (e.g., helping to convey information on content and quality to scholarly audiences). View charge and membership.
- User Support Working Group (March 2011): Responds to inquiries of all kinds received through HathiTrust's public email address and user interfaces. View charge and membership.
Program Steering Committee
- Government Documents Initiative Planning and Advisory Group (March 2014): Formed to initiate and advise HathiTrust's efforts to expand and enhance access to U.S. federal government documents. View charge and membership.
- Collections Committee (March 2014): A standing committee responsible for collection development activities and policies, and charged with making key recommendations about the content included in HathiTrust. View charge and membership.
- HathiTrust Print Monographs Archive Planning Task Force: Created to carry forward HathiTrust shared print monograph archiving initiative. View charge.
- Rights and Access Working Group: Promotes HathiTrust's ability to provide the widest possible access to its collections within the law by establishing priorities for rights determinations and strategies for engagement with rights holders. View charge.