HathiTrust employs a number of committees and working groups, some of which are standing and have long-term appointments, while others may be devoted to finite tasks with a specific timeline. In general, working groups are established either by the Executive Director, or the Program Steering Committee. View past working groups and committees.
Executive Director/Executive Committee
- User Support Working Group (March 2011): Responds to inquiries of all kinds received through HathiTrust's public email address and user interfaces. View charge and membership.
- Zephir Advisory Group: The Zephir Advisory Group is charged with recommending policies and procedures relevant to metadata management and recommending the implementation of new features and service enhancements. View charge and membership.
Program Steering Committee
- Collections Committee (July 2016): A standing committee responsible for collection development activities and policies, and charged with making key recommendations about the content included in HathiTrust.
- Federal Documents Advisory Committee (August 2016): makes recommendations regarding implementation of the U.S. Federal Documents Program. (Also see the earlier Government Documents Initiative Planning and Advisory Group)
- Shared Print Advisory Committee (July 2016): Recommends policies and procedures to establish and sustain the HathiTrust Shared Print Program. (Also see the earlier HathiTrust Print Monographs Archive Planning Task Force)
- Metadata Policy, Strategy, Use and Sharing Advisory Group: MUSAG is charged with reviewing managed metadata, formatting relevant policy and strategic directions to benefit the members.
- Quality Assurance and Standards Working Group (August 2016). Recommends strategies, processes, and techniques detailing how members, end users, and/or HathiTrust Operations can assure the quality of the HathiTrust corpus.
- Rights and Access Working Group: Promotes HathiTrust's ability to provide the widest possible access to its collections within the law by establishing priorities for rights determinations and strategies for engagement with rights holders.